Welfare and Wellbeing
Who will look after my child?
We support positive relationships at Little Engineers. We know it can be daunting leaving your child for the first time, and this why we ensure that each child has a key worker. Your child’s key worker will:
- Support your child’s settling in period
- Look after the learning and development of your child
- Know your child’s care needs
- Keep you up to date with your child’s early learning
- Meet with you termly
Will my child be safe?
Little Engineers ensure that staff are:
- Provided suitable references
- Gone through the DBS process
- Thorough induction has been undertaken
- Undertaken training in child protection, safeguarding and child protection.
- Have suitable qualifications
The ratio for ages 1 is a 1:3 adults to child ratio, and ages 2-3 is a 1:4 adults to child ratio, which follow the EYFS statutory framework. We do not promote lone working in early years. There will always be two staff members with children.
The building is secured and the only people that can get into the nursery area have a fob. All visitors entering the premises, have a duty of care towards the welfare and safety of the children and staff. All visitors must sign in and out of the Nursery at the reception area. All visitors will be issued with a badge which should be worn and be visible at all times. All visitors must be accompanied by a member of staff at all times, unless otherwise advised. Please note that mobile phones are not permitted to be out in the Nursery office. If you need to make a call, please go outside. Please do not take any pictures of any of the children.
Adults who have not been seen before are asked for a password. If the password is wrong the child’s parents will be contacted immediately. The designated safeguarding lead is Cheyenne Alexander-Japal, the Nursery Manager. If you have any safeguarding concerns, please contact Cheyenne.