We encourage healthy eating here at Little Engineers Nursery.
Meal times should be a happy and social occasion for both the children and staff. The Lunch menu is rotated on a bi-weekly basis and Snack and Tea menu are rotated on a 3 week basis.
At Little Engineers Nursery we:
- Provide a balanced and healthy breakfast, lunch, tea and daily snacks which include a platter of fruit. The children are given the choice of having milk or water to drink.
- Follow the children’s dietary needs. These are recorded and put up in the room so they are visible for the staff to see.
- Ensure all children wash their hands before meals and snacks
- Staff prompt children in exhibiting good manners at the table, encouraging them to say “please” and “thank you”.
- Encourage the children to make their own choices by serving up their own lunch, feeding themselves and pouring their own drinks.
- Encourage children to be social with their friends at the table.
- Encourage children who refuse to eat their meals.
- Give more time for children who are slow eaters to eat their meals – they will not be rushed.
- Take portion sizes into account regarding each individual child’s needs.
- Provide access to fresh drinking water for all of the children throughout the course of the day.
Please click on the image to view our Lunch Menu. This is catered by Munchbox.
Please also see our Snack & Tea Menu; this is prepared by our staff in our kitchen.